1945 – 1965, O Gauge
The layout depicts a typical Scottish Highland branch line terminus, serving a village, wood depot, forestry commission and Whisky industries and it portrays a time line of 1945 to 1965.
This layout incorporates a local railway station, signal box and an associated goods yard. The village station is a typical highland railway island style building and platform. The village, which is part of the back scenes, has a dedicated war memorial located in the station car park. The goods yard incorporates goods shed, coal staithes, a locomotive fuel depot together with an engine shed, used for stabling a locomotive in a safe and a secure manner. The whisky distillery has its own goods loading platform.
Many of the buildings, the scenery as well as the back scenes located on the layout were produced by members of GMRC. The back scenes incorporate typical Scottish highland hills and mountains together with a village, an industrial wood depot and forestry commission scenes.